[Assist] Google Chorme

Isaac David isacdaavid at isacdaavid.info
Wed Jun 22 18:49:26 BST 2016

Le mer. 22 juin 2016 à 5:39, arnuld <arnuld.mizong at gmail.com> a écrit
:
>>  On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 7:03 AM, Isaac David
>> <isacdaavid at isacdaavid.info> wrote:
>>  https://labs.parabola.nu/issues/140
>>
>>  Iridium is a better candidate, it was added to the Free Software
>> Directory
>

> Then Why don't we have it in repos ?

Maybe because of what Google and Chrome entail. They don't
have a good record in the eyes of many software freedom and
privacy advocates.

Speaking for myself, despite having been included in the
Free Software Directory I'm still wary of Iridium. I don't
know how Iridium compares to Chromium in terms of the
clarity of its license notices, which was one of the
grievances against Chromium. And even if Iridium is free
and its developers well-meaning, the fact that they have to
play a sort of catch-22 to find and remove all of Google's
intentionally-implanted privacy leaks puts me off.

I would like to hear a bit more from the person who added it
to the FSD or any other reviewer before taking for granted
it's free; then I would have to be convinced that Iridium is
reasonably trustworthy.