[Assist] Parabola integrity

Sergei Akhmatdinov sakhmatd at riseup.net
Sat Jul 2 23:09:45 BST 2016

Thank you for updating the subject line for me! I should have done so
in my previous post.

> Sergei, no need to question: afaik, the Parabola hackers have worked
> hard to create the strictest standards for software and culture
> freedom of any FSDG-compliant distro, going beyond the FSDG
> requirements and removing Free software that has content with
> creative commons licenses like CC-by-ND. I doubt any distro is more
> strict with licensing than this one.

I am pretty happy with that and I'd like to be part of a community
dedicated to free software.

It's just that I was seriously shocked when I started getting [Dev]
*and* [libreplanet-discuss] pings mostly centered around wondering if
Parabola should respect Arch in disrespecting GNU.

I personally think it shouldn't even be a question in a dedicated
community and it should definitely not require RMS' personal input.
Then we get questions discussing the use of proprietary SaaSS on
[Assist].

I do sincerely apologize for the bikeshed, I just couldn't help but to
raise a few eyebrows.

Cheers,
--
Sergei Akhmatdinov

My GPG public key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys AD800D99