[Assist] Anyone else unable to play songs on bandcamp.com in IceCat?

IngeGNUe ingegnue at riseup.net
Sat Jul 2 18:14:27 BST 2016

On 07/02/16 11:39, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) wrote:
> On 07/02/2016 05:34 PM, IngeGNUe wrote:
>> Awesome. It's just me now? :) What version are you? I'm on 38.8.0 and
>> can't seem to update any further.
>>

> I’m on 38.8.0 as well.

Thanks!

I've tried safe mode, refreshed icecat (removing all settings), removed
with -Rsn then pac -S icecat again, but I can't shake it.

When I start icecat in the terminal (to be able to view the errors and
complaints) the first thing that happens is:

(process:13950): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion
'sys_page_size == 0' failed

As soon as I hit play on a song, I get this error in the terminal:

** (icecat:13340): CRITICAL **: gst_app_src_set_size: assertion
'GST_IS_APP_SRC (appsrc)' failed

(Since upgrading a couple versions ago I've also experienced freezes but
that might be a totally separate thing.)

I did a search and found that this error message has appeared in Firefox
and Iceweasel as well, and that the culprit was gstreamer. So I went to
about:config and set media.gstreamer.enabled to false, then hit play: no
error messages, and no music either.

My debugging skills are limited so I'm not sure what else I can do about
this.