[Assist] Anyone else unable to play songs on bandcamp.com in IceCat?

IngeGNUe ingegnue at riseup.net
Sat Jul 2 00:17:17 BST 2016

On 07/01/16 01:49, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) wrote:
> On 07/01/2016 03:34 AM, IngeGNUe wrote:
>> "Unable to play audio. Your browser must support native playback of MP3
>> or you must have the Adobe Flash Player installed."
>>

> That’s interesting. Is it still broken?

As of right now, yeah, still broken, but with the latest update I get
infinite spinning discs and tracks that start, play nothing for a few
seconds, then stop. This time, no errors.

> My Icecat no longer played videos on Facebook with a similar error
> message since the day before yesterday, but today it works again. (Back
> then I still thought it was just another bug in that evil social
> network; there are plenty even with other peoples’ Firefox on Windows. I
> guess this one isn’t on them.) Maybe it’s the update to
> webrtc-audio-processing that fixed it? I don’t know.

I've been unable to play Facebook videos since I don't know when (I
don't visit it much, unless I have to) and assumed it was some evil DRM.

If you browse to bandcamp.com and hit play on something random (anything
really) are you able to play the track?