[Assist] about some Parabola packages

Isaac David isacdaavid at isacdaavid.info
Wed Feb 24 04:32:30 GMT 2016

Hello

Le mar. 23 févr. 2016 à 20:49, Iru Cai <iru.at.pku at yandex.com> a
écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm confused about some Arch/Parabola packages, and hope someone can
> give me an answer.
>
> 1) What is the difference between your-freedom and your-freedom_emu?
> I saw they are built with the same git repo, just different revision
> of blacklists.

All the blacklists are disjoint sets, and your-freedom is considered
the most
basic of all.
your-freedom_emu and your-privacy only extend the list of packages
blacklisted by your-freedom, they are not meant to compete with
your-freedom.
This wiki page https://wiki.parabola.nu/Emulator_licensing_issues
explains the
reasoning behind having a your-freedom_emu package. In summary, some
free emulators have nonfree dependencies (which is reason enough to be
listed
in your-freedom); and some others, while completely free, have no known
use
with free software or lack free development tools that would eventually
allow for
free software games to be run on them. Parabola adds those to
your-freedom_emu, and while we don't recommend installing free software
emulators for the sake of running nonfree software, it's up to the user
to decide
whether he/she wants to install a completely useless yet completely free
emulator.

> 2) The package `figlet' in Arch's Extra repo is not in Parabola's
> repo. Instead there's a `toilet' in Pcr. However, `figlet' also
> cannot be found on your-freedom blacklist.

I can see it in the blacklist:
https://projects.parabola.nu/blacklist.git/tree/blacklist.txt#n115