[Assist] Migration failed

Isaac David isacdaavid at isacdaavid.info
Thu May 14 20:43:26 BST 2015

Given that linux-libre and even systemd boot normally I think it is
safe to discard anything bootloader-related. I would suspect the video
card or some other hardware peripheral. It's well-known that some
nvidia cards make the video output freeze completely in a similar
fashion to what you described.

Try adding the parameter nomodeset to your kernel invocation line in
the bootloader. If that doesn't do it try with acpi=off too. Or just
take the video card away and boot.