[Assist] MCE error

Sebas Pedersen sebasped at openmailbox.org
Fri Mar 27 21:52:06 GMT 2015

Hi guys,

 From a few days ago I am experimenting what is to me a really strange
error... never seen it before in my life.

Sometimes I turn on the computer and at some point while booting the
kernel (after the grub menu) just freezes and puts this:

CPU 0: Machine Check Exception: 4 Bank 4: b200000000070f0f
TSC f5acc9180
PROCESSOR 2:20fc2 TIME 1427486735 SOCKET 0 APIC 0 microcode 0

the number for TSC may vary, but the b200000000070f0f it's always the
same (at least for now).
The error message suggest to parse the above error with mcelog. I did
that and the result was:

Hardware event. This is not a software error.
CPU 0 4 northbridge TSC f5acc9180
TIME 1427486735 Fri Mar 27 17:05:35 2015
   Northbridge Watchdog error
        bit57 = processor context corrupt
        bit61 = error uncorrected
   bus error 'generic participation, request timed out
              generic error mem transaction
              generic access, level generic'
STATUS b200000000070f0f MCGSTATUS 4
CPUID Vendor AMD Family 15 Model 44
SOCKET 0 APIC 0 microcode 0

I have very little idea what this means, except it has something to do
with the nortbridge.

Any ideas? Anyone know this error from before?

I replace de RAM with no luck. Same error keeps happening.

Any suggestion of how to solve or how to identified the problem will be
very welcome!

Thanks in advance!
Sebas