[Assist] Booting from live cd

HARSHA GODAVARI h.godavari at shaw.ca
Sat Jul 25 16:34:47 BST 2015

Hello:
Yesterday , I downloaded and burnt to CD a copy of i686 version . I tried the boot the live-cd. Partway through, it locked up the computer with the error message

'waiting for 30 seconds for dev/disk/by-label/PARA201507.......

ERROR: 'dev/disk/by-label/PARA201507' device did not show up after 30 seconds..
Falling back to interactive prompt
you can try to fix the problem manually, log out when you are finished

sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
[root fs/] #"

The computer is an E-tower 500is running Intel celeron @500MHz and RAM 256 MB. I had the same error while trying run it on an AMD Athlon_xp@ 2400MHz and 2GB of RAM

I would like to try this distro but I am a newbie/end user with-out much knowledge of Linux. Appreciate any help.

regards
hg