[Assist] Parabola on Ben Nanonote?

ingegnue ingegnue at riseup.net
Tue Jan 27 15:55:32 GMT 2015

On January 27, 2015 7:10:42 AM EST, Binh-Khoi Nguyen <khoi at bknguyen.be> wrote:
>Hey,
>
>I was wondering if anyone had a Ben Nanonote and if it's possible to
>install Parabola on it.
>
>The people at LibreWRT told me that LibreWRT hadn't been updated for a
>very long time and that it wasn't recommended for security reasons.
>
>Thanks for your help,

A look at the specs says the Nanonote's CPU has an Ingenic XBurst Jz4720 which is compatible with MIPS32, according to the Ingenic wiki. Parabola has support for MIPS64, but not MIPS32 unfortunately. I don't know too much about MIPS but give it a try and it doesn't work, perhaps you can make a port? Some folks have been working on an ARM port so it is probably doable. Supporting the Nanonote seems like a cool idea to me...