[Assist] What has happened to Parabola mirrors?

Benoît benoitne at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 10:09:40 GMT 2015

Hi there

Any news?
I am able - ready - happy to host a mirror in France would be nice to cover west Europe.
Any special requirements ?
I got a server with a 100mbits connection

Belette

-----------

Hello,
I noticed the same problem.
And not only that one. When I try to sync abs i get
this error:

# abs
==> Starting ABS sync...
@ERROR: max connections (12) reached -- try again later
rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at main.c(1635)
[Receiver=3.1.1]

This happens on different computers and networks I tried from at least two
weeks. I just tried setting the UK mirror first in the mirror list, but abs
behaves like before.
Any ideas why both things are happening and how to solve the problem?

Bye.

On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 05:00:34PM +1100, Ramana Kumar wrote:
> It looks like only the UK one is reliable.
>
> How much space and bandwidth is required to run a mirror, by the way?
>
> On 25 November 2015 at 17:23, Iru Cai <iru.at.pku at yandex.com> wrote:
>
> > I found these days when I do a `pacman -Syu' it always says my local repos
> > are up to date. And I go to the mirror status page:
> > https://www.parabola.nu/mirrors/status/ and find almost all mirrors are
> > out of sync. What has happend to these mirrors?

Franco Masotti
My public key fingerprint: F13C 27D7 EDF0 4F7C 0A9F  1244 9A11 29F0 4019 6B95
Get my public key like this: $ gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 40196B95
Use Parabola GNU/Linux-libre: <https://www.parabola.nu>
Use Replicant ROM: <http://www.replicant.us/>
Use GNUpot: <https://github.com/frnmst/gnupot>