[Assist] Problem loading acpi_call and tp_smapi kernel module

Martin cal00m at posteo.de
Tue Aug 18 14:03:24 BST 2015

Hi,

I recently installed Parabola on my ThinkPad and I would like to get
most of the ThinkPad's functionality running. However, when I try to
load the tp_smapi kernel module via modprobe, I get the error message

ERROR: could not insert 'tp_smapi': Exec format error

and dmesg states

thinkpad_ec: disagrees about version of symbol module_layout

The same happens analogously when I try to load the acpi_call module.

I'm running the linux kernel provided by parabola with no additional
modifications and both of the modules mentioned above are the versions
installed via pacman. Do you have any advice on how to solve this issue?

Below are some outputs that I hope are helpful. Please let me know if
you need additional information.

uname -a:

Linux ThinkPad 4.1.5-gnu-1 #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Aug 12 23:37:39 UYT 2015
x86_64 GNU/Linux

pacman -Qi linux-libre:

Name           : linux-libre
Version        : 4.1.5_gnu-1

pacman -Qi tp_smapi:

Name           : tp_smapi
Version        : 0.41-72.parabola1.basekernel4.1
Architecture   : x86_64

pacman -Qi acpi_call:

Name           : acpi_call
Version        : 1.1.0-33.parabola1.basekernel4.1
Architecture   : x86_64

Martin