[Assist] Installing from AUR is not endrorsed so, can somebody please add freefilesync to pcr

Esteban Carnevale alfplayer at mailoo.org
Thu Apr 30 01:18:00 BST 2015

On Wed, 18 Mar 2015 22:38:59 -0700
staff at openmailbox.org wrote:

> Hi, I'm used to sync my folders with freefilesync
> http://www.freefilesync.org (GPL3)
> It's in the AUR repo (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/freefilesync/)
> I know that other tools like Rsync can be more powerfull and give more
> control, but freefilesync is really fast and easy to use.
>
> - It can be installed doing something like this:
> $sudo pacman -S binutils libretools
> $cd /tmp
> $aur freefilesync
> $cd freefilesync
> $makepkg -si
>
> ...but since the parabola's wiki endorse to not use AUR, I'm not sure if
> this is the correct place to ask one of the parabola contributors to add
> it to pcr.

This was not answered, packagers can be busy. To increase the chances of
getting it done, this can be followed:
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2015-January/002722.html. Here's
an example: https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2015-March/002824.html
Gitorious is now being closed, https://bull.codes/ could be used instead.