[Assist] Xorg Problem with Radeon

arnuld uttre arnuld.mizong at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 12:05:56 UTC 2014

> On 9/8/14, Ramana Kumar <ramana at member.fsf.org> wrote:

> So, can it be fixed by somehow enabling KMS in Parabola's latest kernel?
> How can I do that?

I really do not know. I could have compiled a new kernel myself with
custom configurations I wanted but I already spent 2 days trying to
understand the problem and I am not in 20s who has lot of time to
experiment.   installed gNewSense, current version is pretty old but
does most of the work I need.

I encourage you to go ahead and try to solve the problem. I learned a
lot in 2 days about how things work and I came to know that many
distros recommend installing binary-blobs, I was not even aware of
packages that are considered blobs

--
http://uttre.wordpress.com/
http://lispmachine.wordpress.com/2010/12/08/extract-of-programming/