[Assist] Bluetoothctl cannot connect

laigualdad laigualdad at riseup.net
Sat Oct 11 03:01:26 BST 2014

Has anyone else gotten bluetooth to work using bluetoothctl? I'm trying not to pull my hair out :)

The device pairs, but then I am unable to connect. Hours of searching brings nothing useful: most things are from about a year ago at best.

I've tried commands in a few different orders, under the bluetoothctl shell, but it seems to be wishful thinking:
power on
agent on
scan on
pair ##:##:##:##:##:##
*confirms the passkey, pair is successful*
connect ##:##:##:##:##:##
Failed to connect: org.bluez.Error.Failed

I've also tried:
list
select <cmac>
power on
scan on
devices
trust <mmac>
pairable on
pair <mmac> (pair is successful)
connect <mmac>
Failed to connect: org.bluez.Error.Failed

I untrust and remove the device and power down again to start fresh after each failed attempt.

My adapter uses libre firmware.

I'm already thinking about giving up on bluetooth, but I just wanted to see if anyone else managed.
--
Sent from my CyanogenMod device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.