[Assist] Parabola doesn't boot

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Tue Nov 25 08:00:58 GMT 2014

On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 14:39:52 +0600
"Mark K." <g15h89jkj45 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I got into GRUB, after selecting 'Parabola' menu entry I saw:
>
> starting version 217
> _
>
> That's all, it just froze for good.
It sounds like a systemd version. So I guess at that point the kernel
already finished booting and it somehow "seems to freeze" after in the
userspace booting procedure.

On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 18:31:06 +0100
mtjm at mtjm.eu (Michał Masłowski) wrote:
> > My machine is ASUS K52D laptop
>
> It has AMD graphics?
Good point, since it seems to stop after systemd startup so my guess is
that it just doesn't show anything on the screen after loading the GPU
driver.

So why not preventing that module from loading at first? That way it
will keep using the <VESA|EFI|Whatever> display mecanism that the
<BIOS|EFI|UEFI> provides.

You could then use the working screen to setup ssh and try to make
better kernel+Xorg drivers work.

Denis.