[Assist] Parabola doesn't boot

Mark K. g15h89jkj45 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 08:39:52 GMT 2014

OK, I wanted to migrate from Arch Linux to Parabola, so I followed this
instructions <https://wiki.parabola.nu/Migration_From_Arch> and after
reboot my system just didn't boot anymore.

I got into GRUB, after selecting 'Parabola' menu entry I saw:

starting version 217
_

That's all, it just froze for good.

Well, I decided to give it another try and re-install all the stuff from
Parabola CD. I downloaded .iso file, and tried to boot it. It gave me
somewhat similar result:

ISOLINUX 6.03 6.03-pre20* ETCD Copyright (c) 1994-2014 Peter Anvin et al
_

I could wait for hours, there would be no progress, no menu, nothing at all.

My machine is ASUS K52D laptop, so just for sake of testing, I decided to
try the installation CD on another machine - Toshiba Satellite L850-D1S.
This time I was able to boot into installation CD.

So, obviously, it's my machine that cannot run Linux-Libre. Is it so? Is
there a way to make it work?