[Assist] ecrm1000 font in texlive

Arun I theroarofthedragon at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 07:06:10 GMT 2014

On Tuesday 18 November 2014 12:19 PM, Jorge Araya Navarro wrote:

> Arun I writes:
>
>> So, when invoking a2x, you can ask dblatex to use xetex as backend like so
>>
>> a2x --dblatex-opts="-b xetex" yourasciidocfile.txt
>>
>> Likewise, I am assuming there are ways in which you can somehow convince
>> python-spyhnx and emacs muse to use the xetex backend.
>
> That's something I want to know, how?. I wonder if I can change all those tex-thing applications with some environmental variable...

Well, I don't think sphinx has any nice way to just switch to xetex. At
least, I couldn't find any. However, I was able to manually edit a few
files in the build and get it working with xelatex. Here's what I did.

I first generated latex output using sphinx-build

sphinx-build -b latex sourcedir builddir

Then in the generated latex Makefile, I replaced all instances of
pdflatex with xelatex.

sed -i Makefile 's/pdflatex/xelatex/g'

I also modified the generated tex file removing packages inputenc and
fontenc, and all calls to \DeclareUnicodeCharacter. I added the package
fontspec.

Then, I built it using make, and I got my final pdf output.

All the above can be automated by writing script files or custom
makefiles. But, ideally, it would be nice if sphinx-build has some
option which would allow the user to choose the latex backend to use.