[Assist] Having Problems with [AMD/ATI] RV730 XT [Radeon HD 4670] GPU

Kuba Kukielka kzer-za at cryptolab.net
Tue Nov 18 20:08:29 GMT 2014

Hi,
I have checked the kernel modules with lsmod but I already had the same
modules on my system. I tried to load the just in case (modprobe) and
restarted, but nothing happened. This is really odd.

I have also messed around with Xorg configurations by adding "Screen"
sections and "Display" subsections but then I did not manage to boot
because Xorg said that some device(s) did not have configurations
(something similar to that) and also said that "no screens found".

I am not sure what to do, but I will look for any more errors on my
machine and try to fix those because they might be related.

Some of these errors that I encountered recently are;
- Having a 'Read-Only' filesystem on my drive partition /dev/sda1. I
have to run 'mount -o remount,rw /dev/sda1' every time I boot.
- Cannot logging in as regular user on a graphical interface (I can only
login as root), KDE says that 'Call to lnusertemp failed' but my tmp
files are not huge and there is still plenty of space on my disk.
- Failed to write new random seed file: Bad file (Possibly because of
the read-only filesystem)

I have never enountered this problem before (except for trisquel), I
have no idea what I am missing.

Thank you very much for your help so far,

--
Kuba Kukielka <kzer-za at cryptolab.net>

P.S. Do you have any suggestions for getting more help? If this problem
continues, I will post on forums and possibly some IRC channels.