[Assist] about buying a video card that respect my freedom

Jorge Araya Navarro elcorreo at deshackra.com
Sat Jan 11 21:27:42 GMT 2014

El sáb, 11-01-2014 a las 11:28 -0500, Quiliro Ordóñez Baca escribió:

> > I suggest to you buy Geforce 9800 GT o GTX, in my case i'm using 9800
> > GT and works perfectly with full 3d support! Even i think that you can
> > buy any nvidia card from nv50 family to get full 3d support [0][1]
>
> I bought that one too and it works with the Nouveau driver in Parabola.
> But it will hang with SupertuxCart. It will not render with the GPU for
> Blender either.
>
> My embeded Intel card works much better:
> $ lspci -s 00:02.0 -v
> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series
> Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07) (prog-if 00 [VGA
> controller])
> 	Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Device 360b
> 	Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 44
> 	Memory at 90000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4M]
> 	Memory at 80000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
> 	I/O ports at 5110 [size=8]
> 	Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled]
> 	Capabilities: <access denied>
> 	Kernel driver in use: i915
> 	Kernel modules: i915
>

> --
> Saludos libres,
> Quiliro Ordóñez
> 600 8579

And what did Emulatorman to avoid that issue on SupertuxCart or other
games that uses 3D? It is better than a GTX 670?
AFAIK, Blender don't uses GPU to work because it needs proprietary
software (CUDA?) to do so. It's most a issue from blender and not from
the videocard.
--
Pax et bonum.
Jorge Araya Navarro.