[Assist] about buying a video card that respect my freedom

Quiliro Ordóñez Baca quiliro at congresolibre.org
Sat Jan 11 16:28:29 GMT 2014

> I suggest to you buy Geforce 9800 GT o GTX, in my case i'm using 9800
> GT and works perfectly with full 3d support! Even i think that you can
> buy any nvidia card from nv50 family to get full 3d support [0][1]

I bought that one too and it works with the Nouveau driver in Parabola.
But it will hang with SupertuxCart. It will not render with the GPU for
Blender either.

My embeded Intel card works much better:
$ lspci -s 00:02.0 -v
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series
Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07) (prog-if 00 [VGA
controller])
	Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Device 360b
	Memory at 90000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4M]
	Memory at 80000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
	I/O ports at 5110 [size=8]
	Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled]
	Capabilities: <access denied>
	Kernel driver in use: i915
	Kernel modules: i915

--