[Assist] wireless drivers

Rill starbasecafe at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 15:58:05 GMT 2014

Hello,
I'm new to the list and new to Parabola though I've used ArchLinux for a
while.
I'm wondering how to get a free wifi driver. If this question has been
asked before, do not hesitate to send me a link to a thread or page.
The iwl3945 wifi driver is in the kernel, but it seems to be classified
non-free. So what to do? I can't enable it myself. I'm told it is
non-free and that's the end of the matter.
This seems odd to me. Doesn't freedom suggest I get to choose exceptions
or to use my laptop away from  a wired internet connection?
Tia.
Rill