[Assist] Grub Installation

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Tue Apr 29 20:51:12 GMT 2014

On Sat, 26 Apr 2014 11:40:48 -0500
Miguel Trujillo <mimex at fipasoft.com.mx> wrote:
> On 26/04/14 06:06, Nicu B. wrote:
> > I'm new to Parabola and I have a question about GRUB. Should I
> > install grub-legacy package or grub-bios ?
[...]
> The last version of 'grub' package works fine. I think you don't need
> 'grub-legacy'.
The confusion was probably caused by the wiki which advised to install
grub-bios or grub-efi on its installation page, and the fact that none
of theses were present in the repositories.
I updated that part on the installation guide last weekend.

I often install parabola for virtual machines, NFS usage, or specific
needs(like ultra fast booting).

Denis.