[Assist] systemctl --user status Failed to get D-Bus connection: Connection refused

Luke T. Shumaker lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 4 01:42:31 GMT 2014

At Thu, 03 Apr 2014 15:22:48 -0600,
Jorge Araya Navarro wrote:
> I'm trying to get running a user instance of systemd, I followed the
> instructions from Arch Linux wiki ( as read here
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Systemd/User ), and even I check
> everything that should be checked, activate or enable everything that
> should be enabled and restart my laptop, it doesn't work.
>
> When I run `systemctl --user status` I got `Failed to get D-Bus
> connection: Connection refused`. Why the connection is refused? I have
> no idea. As far as I can remember, I never touch DBus configuration.
> Never.
>
> some help?

I hope this is the least helpful reply you get.

Back in systemd ~202, I was trying to get user instances working on my
laptop.  I kept hitting issues.  Eventually I found a post by Leonart
that basically said "yeah, it's weird right now because we haven't
really decided how that should work. It's still alpha."  I'm not sure
if that is still the case in 212.  But, my point is that if you are
doing everything right, I wouldn't rule out it being an issue with
systemd itself.