[Assist] Conflicts between your-privacy and gdm and kde

Heather Kelly heather at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Sep 27 12:02:32 GMT 2013

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 7:45 PM, Jorge Araya Navarro (Shackra Sislock) <
shackra at riseup.net> wrote:

> **
> El mié, 25-09-2013 a las 02:17 -0400, Heather Kelly escribió:
>
> Hi,
>
> This is my first parabola installation.  I've installed the non-prism
> "your-privacy" package.  Now I'm attempting to install Gnome or KDE,
> however both end in conflicts with your-privacy.  While I could just remove
> your-privacy, I'd like to see if there is a workaround.  Both of the
> conflicts do appear in the blacklist:
>

> https://projects.parabolagnulinux.org/blacklist.git/tree/your-privacy-blacklist.txt
>

>  When trying to install gdm via "pacmac -S gdm", pacman ends with a
> conflict between libgdata and your-privacy.
>

>  Next I tried kde and that end in conflicts between libkfapi and
> your-privacy.  I tried to whittle down what KDE meta package was causing
> this, and it seems to be kde-meta-kdebase.  Poking around I see that
> libkfapi is associated with Facebook, so I understand the desire to avoid
> it - I'm just not sure how to install KDE without it being included.
>

>  Has anyone else run into a similar issue?
>
> Take care,
> Heather

> I feel like this is something about re-packaging/creating *-nonprism
> package more than something you can do from/on your machine...
>
>   --
> *Pax et bonum.*
> Jorge Araya Navarro.
> Diseñador publicitario, programador Python/C++ y colaborador en Parabola
> GNU/Linux-libre.

In the light of day, I think I have three choices:
1. Drop non-prism and go on with installation of Gnome or KDE
2. Try building from source those parts of Gnome (gdm) or KDE that include
bits that non-prism objects to
3. Try another desktop environment

I might go the easy route and drop non-prism :)  but we'll see!

Take care,
Heather