[Assist] /boot/grub/grub.cfg.pacnew came with update today

Chris Murphy camurp02009 at gmail.com
Thu May 23 06:43:32 GMT 2013

Hello.  With the last update I installed for Parabola GNU/Linux, I got
a /boot/grub/grub.cfg.pacnew file.  Since grub.cfg is a file that is
generated on the computer using grub-mkconfig, I am not sure whether
I should try to merge the .pacnew with my current grub.cfg.  I ran
grub-mkconfig again to see if it would come out different than my current
configuration, but the file it generates is the same as the one I have.
I rebooted with the update and GRUB still works.  Is it safe to delete
the .pacnew file?

Thanks in advance for any help.