[Assist] Can't setup console font

Csányi Pál csanyipal at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 19:56:15 GMT 2013

2013/12/3, Jorge Araya Navarro <elcorreo at deshackra.com>:
> El dom, 01-12-2013 a las 22:12 +0100, Csányi Pál escribió:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm new to ParabolaGNUlinux and to ArchLinux too. I had previously
>> used the Debian GNU/Linux system.
>>
>> Now I'm trying to setup console font on tty1-6 to get on it:
>> KEYMAP=hu101
>> FONT=Lat2-Terminus16
>> FONT_MAP=8859-2
>>
>> This abowe is the content of my /etc/vconsole.conf
>>
>> Still, after I reboot my system, I get not the Lat2-Terminus16 font on
>> the consoles.
>> I must to run the 'setfont Lat2-Terminus16' command on each tty, to
>> get it really.
>>
>> What am I missing here?
>>

> Please read https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/KEYMAP !

Thanks, but I red it already, and I did everything that is being adviced there.

The keyboard on consoles tty1-6 is hu101, but the font is not the
Lat2-Terminus16 after reboot, however in the /etc/vconsole.conf I have
the line:
FONT=Lat2-Terminus16

I don't understand, why isn't the console FONT the Lat2-Terminus16 after reboot?

Why I must after reboot and after login on the consoles tty1-6 to run
manually the 'setfont Lat2-Terminus16' command every time?

--
Regards, Pál Csányi