[Assist] Reporting bugs

Ineiev ineiev at gnu.org
Thu Sep 27 15:15:34 GMT 2012

On 09/27/2012 01:19 PM, Michał Masłowski wrote:
 > Ineiev <ineiev at gnu.org> writes:
 >
 >> How can I contact those other developers?
 >
 > E.g. by writing to the dev at lists.parabolagnulinux.org list.

I see; I should have noticed it when visiting
https://lists.parabolagnulinux.org/mailman/listinfo.

 > There are small links to the IRC channel and to the lists (and the main
 > page of the new issue tracker) on the main page.

Then I was wrong here. sorry.

 >> (a) say in the wiki (or better in the bug tracker) that one
 >> should register in order to report bugs there;
 >
 >> (b) suggest that
 >> people may alternatively report bugs e.g. on this list;
 >
 > This is implicit, would asking to report problems with the bug tracker
 > there be ok?

I think it would.

On 09/27/2012 02:16 PM, Nicolás Reynolds wrote:
 > my problem with anonymous bug reports is that if you have to ask for
 > more details to the reporter you're screwed, and if the bug report is
 > vague to say the least you have to guess and search by yourself - it's
 > more work for you and it's annoying.

If the user is interested in fixing the bug, there is a chance that
she will visit the bug report later; if not, the vague report may be
discarded in good conscience after a reasonable period.

 > (also as of today the registration is immediate, no mail confirmation
 > required and i think mtjm enabled openid)

As a data point: mail confirmation wouldn't be a problem for me;
I just do not want to register.

 >> There are small links to the IRC channel and to the lists (and the main
 >> page of the new issue tracker) on the main page.
 >
 > i personally prefer the irc channel for casual bug reporting

On the other hand, I'm not used to IRC; I never use it.

 > i never saw a bug tracker that doesn't require registration though :D

Why? http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=www-ru doesn't; the reporter
even doesn't has to have any email account (my mother has none).