[Assist] Reporting bugs

Ineiev ineiev at gnu.org
Thu Sep 27 12:46:28 GMT 2012

On 09/27/2012 03:13 PM, Michał Masłowski wrote:
> Register there or convince other developers that you don't need mail
> notifications and we should allow anonymous submissions.

Thank you; I choose not to register.

How can I contact those other developers?

Basically, my point is as follows: Parabola is known
to follow FSF's guidelines for free system distributions; and
they imply "a firm commitment to correct mistakes".

I'm not sure the commitment may definitely qualify as firm
if a random user can't easily report the bugs; personally,
so far I've done the next:

(0) I tried the described procedure for the first time (months ago).
(1) When I failed to report the bug and to find on those pages
     any contacts of Parabola people, I asked report-nonfree at fsf.org
     for assistance; after some discussion they pointed to this mailing
     list.
(2) I dropped a message to this list without prior subscription;
     the message seems to have been rejected.
(3) I subscribed to the list, and now I'm discussing how to
     report the bug.

I don't think it is absolutely necessary to accept anonymous
submissions (though it would be good IMO); however, Parabola could
at least (a) say in the wiki (or better in the bug tracker) that one
should register in order to report bugs there; (b) suggest that
people may alternatively report bugs e.g. on this list;
(c) moderate the messages coming to that list from non-subscribers
more carefully.