[Assist] boot.cfg: encrypted root partition

Stayvoid stayvoid at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 15:26:12 GMT 2012

> Check if the initrd file exists (it should).

There is one.

Looks like I'm not patient.
I decided to try again and to wait a bit longer (~ 3 mins).

Results:

1. This error [1] doesn't appear anymore;
2. This entry [2] drops me to a recovery shell:

:: running early hook [udev]
:: running hook [udev]
:: Triggering uevents...
ERROR: device '' not found. Skipping fsck.
ERROR: Unable to find root device ''/
You are being dropped to a recovery shell
    Type 'exit' to try and continue booting
sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
[rootfs /]# exit
Trying to continue (this will most likely fail) ...
:: mounting '' on real root
mount: / is not a block device
You are now being dropped into an emergency shell.
sh: can't access tty; job control turned off

3. This entry [3] leads to a kernel panic:

Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)

4. This entry [4] drops me to a recovery shell, but the message is
slightly different:

:: running early hook [udev]
:: running hook [udev]
:: Triggering uevents...
ERROR: device '/dev/mapper/main' not found. Skipping fsck.
ERROR: Unable to find root device '/dev/mapper/main'.
You are being dropped to a recovery shell
    Type 'exit' to try and continue booting
sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
Trying to continue (this will most likely fail) ...
:: mounting '/dev/mapper/main' on real root
mount: special device /dev/mapper/main does not exist
You are now being dropped into an emergency shell.
sh: can't access tty; job control turned off

Should it work this way?
Should I decrypt the main partition using the recovery shell?

By the way, nothing appears on the screen during the boot (in all cases).
Is this okey?
(It shows some info when I'm loading an initrd image from a stick.)

[1] file is not set or not exist!
    path is not complete, haven't selected the device or file!
    The boot.cfg not existed!System will try default entry from al.

[2] title 5
    kernel (wd0,0)/vmlinuz-linux-libre
    initrd (wd0,0)/initramfs-linux-libre.img
    args console=tty no_auto_cmd

[3] title 3
    kernel (wd0,0)/vmlinuz-linux-libre
    args root=/dev/mapper/main console=tty no_auto_cmd

[4] title 1