[Assist] [Dev] [Fwd: Parabola LiveUSB]

Michał Masłowski mtjm at mtjm.eu
Mon Aug 27 11:01:43 GMT 2012

>> g console=tty no_auto_cmd

Add root=/dev/sdc1 or something similar with your device name (the one
where you unpacked the tarball).

>> Output:
>>
>> :: Starting udevd...
>> done.
>> :: Running Hook [udev]
>> :: Triggering uevents...done.
>> ERROR: device '' not found. Skipping fsck.
>> ERROR: Unable to find root device ''.
>> You are being dropped to a recovery shell
>>     Type 'exit' to try and continue booting
>> sh: can't access tty; job control turned off

This is commonly seen here, occurs when the root device is incorrectly
specified or drivers needed to make it available are missing (on other
arches the only reason I have seen for this is an incorrectly built
initramfs).

>> Recovery shell has a limited functionality. For example, it
>> doesn't contain fdisk nor parted. And I haven't found a way to
>> configure the network.

It has just what is in the initramfs, it's not designed for such
recovery.

> but it seems that no one upload the mipsel version there o_O
>
> well ... it seems that the mipsel version of parabola is in
> https://repo.parabolagnulinux.org/mips64el/
>
> Maybe bro, it should be fine that we make a iso file of it and push it
> in the repo, no?

I see no benefit in having an ISO unless we could avoid having to type
these PMON commands.